1. It’s the easiest way to keep your family and friends informed about the wedding plans right from the start – they can visit your wedding website at anytime to get the latest updates on your wedding plans.
2. Many wedding website vendors allow guests to RSVP online via your wedding website in seconds rather than having to wait days for an RSVP to arrive in the post. Every time an RSVP is submitted, both you and your guest receive a confirmation email. Most sites will allow you to track and review all of the RSVPs received so far by logging into your wedding website account.
3. You can create online photo albums and put up pictures of some of your favourite moments together on your wedding website. You can create photo albums from all of the pre-wedding events (engagement party, bridal shower, hen party etc.) – guests can even log onto your wedding website and leave comments on the photos! Even after the wedding is over – you can post up your favourite photos from your ceremony, reception, and honeymoon.
4. Often there are many different website templates to choose from – meaning that you can choose the wedding website theme that most suits your wedding theme or colours. With some websites, you can specify your own colour template colours allowing you to create your totally unique wedding website.
5. In the Our Story section of your wedding website, you can tell the story of how both of you met, where you went for your first date, how and where the wedding proposal took place. Best of all you can add pictures from your personal collection to all of your wedding website pages!
6. Create an online gift registry on your wedding website so you can create a list of items that you would like to receive – making it easier for your guests to select the ideal wedding present for both of you.
7. Family and friends can leave goodwill messages on your wedding website.
8. Some of the latest wedding website allow you to keep a wedding blog to chart the progress of your wedding preparations from the initial planning stages, booking all of your wedding vendors, right up to the big day. Family and friends can view your wedding blog and leave comments at any time.
9. Generally it is extremely easy to create a wedding website – most websites assume you have absolutely no technical or programming skills meaning that even the most novice computer user can create a beautiful wedding website in minutes.
10. Its a great way to meet other brides and grooms to be. Some of the latest wedding website vendors incorporate social networking features that allow users to meet and interact via wedding forums, message boards, discussion groups etc.